Myssy Original - JäkäläRegular price €77.00 Save Liquid error (product-template line 131): -Infinity%
100% pure Finnish Wool.
Hand-dyed with natural dyes by Anna Vasko of Aurinkokehrä.
Size M / 55 - 59 cm
Jäkälä means lichen in Finnish and our rocks are full of it here at the farm. The light grey color is somewhat blazing.
Myssy Originals was a first collection launched in 2009 and ever since this somewhat surf-spirited collection has been the core of all designs. It has also been most loved and most bought collection from one season to another. Most Myssy has remained unchanged all these years, but this autumn Myssyfarmi will celebrate Originals in all 24 naturally-dyed Myssy colours! This collection is a mix of the 400 years of farm heritage running in the family and farmer Janne’s previous career as a professional windsurfer. Some pieces of this collection have a story to tell: FIN-24 was the sail number of Janne and Takala is his good old surfer friend.
1. All myssys are all unique and though the grannies have this same chart, not all myssys size M is precisely the same.
2. Wool is as stretching material that will adjust to the size of your head. After a few weeks of use, your myssy fits you perfectly.
3. There is no "one right size" for you, it also depends on your preference: Would you like your myssy small or large?
All Myssy garments are handmade in Finland with high-quality yarn. Myssyfarmi gives all products a lifetime warranty. If the product ever breaks down, it will be fixed or replaced with a new one.
Wool is a natural material that keeps itself clean. The lanolin - wool’s grease - repels both dirt and water. You can freshen up the garment by airing it out. However, if your Myssy product does get dirty or stretches out, it can be hand-washed with care or machine-washed on a high-quality wool program. The garment should be dried ﬂat and shaped while still wet. This way the product will recover its original appearance.
If your Myssy product ever breaks down, it will be ﬁxed or replaced it with a new one. Simply mail the product back to the farm with a Warranty Repair Form which can be downloaded from this page. However, Myssyfarmi is not responsible for direct, incidental or consequential damages for any reason.
Please note, that the two following occasions are not covered by the warranty: stretching and felting. The Myssy product stretches to match your head/body, which is one of the attributes of the wool we use. If you want that the product takes more of its original shape, wash it carefully following the instructions and shape it while it’s still wet. Also if your myssy product becomes felted due to the hard rubbing or improper use, it is not covered by the warranty.
Your Myssy product will serve you long!
- Fill in this form on your computer or print it out and scan it. If you are not able to fill it for some reason, or if you don't have a scanner, the most important thing is that you included all the information asked in the repair form to your message.
- Send us an email including this document to myssyfarmi (a) myssyfarmi.fi with a title ” Myssy Warranty”. You can include a photo of the product as well.
- Wait for reply.
- If everything is ok, send the product with this repair form to: